Monday, July 26, 2010

Perfection, Integrity and True Beliefs

August 9, 2010:

"It's far better to face the consequences of your true beliefs than to compromise your integrity."
-unknown

"I gently return to equilibrium, nurtured by a well spring of love. I, the soul, am washed and soothed by the quiet energies of stillness. Embracing the vastness of my inner landscape, I understand the cycles of growth and decay.
-Neale Donald Walsch

Do I really understand that everything is perfect just as it is? Do I really understand that to deny this truth is to deny that the Universe is always in support of me, or in other words, to deny God? Do I really understand that I AM perfect just as I AM? I am not broken. I don't need fixing. I understand the cycles of growth and decay, and that if I am feeling discomfort, sadness, anger, fear or anything challenging or uncomfortable, it means I am holding on to something that no longer works for me. It does not mean I need fixing or healing, it means I am perfect as I am and I can let go of that which no longer belongs to me. My vibration has changed.

I am often afraid to face the consequences of my true beliefs and instead compromise my integrity. I don't know if I fully understand why I am afraid...there are many reasons. I may not be accepted, I may have to change some things, I don't want to do the work right now...

However I understand that it will come to me in time, if I allow it. Instead of running off in many directions trying to change or fix what I think is broken, I can, instead, gently return to harmony, allowing the stillness of perfection to lead me where I need to be.

I realize that healing is an inside job. So many of us get caught up in looking outside of ourselves for a fix, for something or someone outside of ourselves to heal us. Some look to alcohol, drugs, sex, friends, government, religion, healers, stones, crystals, doctors, gurus, etc. The truth for me is: 1) if I am looking outside of myself for an answer, I am compromising my integrity, for the answer lies within and 2) people, places and things outside of me are tools to aid me to equilibrium and harmony, thus returning me to my true beliefs. They are not the be-all, end-all cure! So, when I am not looking inside for the answer I use the tools outside of me to help me find the answer, knowing they will guide me to my inner truth.

This means I use my gift of discernment to determine from who, what and where I seek my support. They do not fix or heal me. They support me. (And this means I automatically support them, for one cannot exist without the other.) This is empowerment. This is healing. This is perfection. Anything else is turning my power, my responsibility, my life over to someone else.

I can't speak for you. This is my voice, my belief. I suspect, however, for some of you this will ring true. For others, not. If this has affected you one way or another, I ask you to consider it. Think about it. Find out what fits for you, what doesn't. And then ask yourself why. You are invited to face the consequences of your true beliefs.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment