Monday, August 2, 2010

Gratitude

No matter where I am in life~how I feel, what I think~whether I'm depressed or joyful~Gratitude is always there. When I take the time to look for it and appreciate it! It doesn't change my circumstances, however, it does change my outlook. When I approach my moment from an "attitude of gratitude" it is a more empowering, fulfilling moment. And the truth is we only have this moment. No more, no less.

Sometimes I think I am broken and need fixing. Not true. When I meet myself where I am, no matter where that is, I can find gratitude. When I find gratitude, I find I am empowered to move, adjust what I thought was broken and reap the rewards of my action.

Many people think gratitude is a thought or feeling. While it is those things, it is also an expression, an action. When I feel gratitude, movement is sure to accompany it...if not, then what I am feeling is not gratitude!

I've found helpful the suggestion to write my gratitude list every day. Start with 5 things, and every day add 5 things to my list. When I am feeling broken and can't find gratitude, the list serves as a tool, a reminder, of the many people, experiences and things I am grateful for.

Today five things I am grateful for are: 1) My healthy soul, mind and body; 2) My husband, family and friends; 3) My passion expressed through my successful business, All One Spirit; 4) My home and the ability to nurture and care for it; 5) Laughter, Joy & Happiness.

What are 5 things you are grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment