Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ahhh, the Beautiful, Wonderful Breath

Happy Tuesday! I awoke yesterday quite exhausted! Hmmm, nights sleep, wake up, exhausted?? Then, I took in a breath. I think it started from a yawn, but when I inhaled, I realized I was oxygen-deprived! I took in the nice refreshing oxygen and relished the feeling as my lungs expanded. The air felt cool and revitalizing. I was surprised to realize that I'd been deprived of oxygen while sleeping.

Several times throughout the day I'd had conversations with friends about breathing, without having mentioned my morning experience. Then, last evening, my beautiful friend and sister-in-law who is 7 months pregnant spoke of breathing and how calming and relaxing it is for her, especially now (she also if I'd gotten my weekly blog out yet.... :-0 )!

So I was once again reminded how important our breath is. It is something that we all do, sometimes more consciously than others. Breathing into my fears, my anger, my stress, my overwhelm, my joy, my beauty, my meditation, my food...

I am taking a weight release program using tapping and hypnosis that is held at All One Spirit and is taught by Dave Oreshack, a successful tapper and hypnotist! I have already made changes easily where food and eating is concerned! In light of my breathing (or not breathing as the case may be) at night, I am aware I may possibly have sleep apnea, which is sometimes (but not always) helped by weight loss. I find the synchronization of the breathing awareness and the weight release to be acknowledged and appreciated!

I hope you are all breathing deeply, lovingly and appreciating each and every breath you take! Allow it fill you, relax you, revitalize you and love you.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment