Monday, September 20, 2010

Be True to Your Self

"To Thine Own Self Be True."

I'm working on it! That means supporting myself rather than abandoning myself, as is my habit. Supporting myself is scary when I'm busy trying to "play nice", "keep the peace" or otherwise concerned with how I might be perceived. This is the message that has been coming to me repeatedly over the past couple of months.

More and more I have been unable to tell myself a story that is no longer true. I've heard that the body does not lie, so if my body does not match the story I'm telling, it's time to be true with myself!

I'm in the middle of this process and honestly, it's quite uncomfortable. I don't always handle it with grace and dignity, but I will not abandon myself in this...I will keep on defining and then speaking my truth, in my thoughts, words and deeds.

I'm so grateful for the process of discovery and love how I get to explore my soul at all levels!

I'm looking forward to our new niece's arrival and thank you for the support you've offered for my brother and his wife!

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment