Monday, September 6, 2010

Human Being vs Human Doing

Some days are just meant to be slow, loving days. Today is one of them. I hear my inner voice pushing me to do....something, anything...but not feeling guided toward anything in particular. It feels "upstream" to push myself into work today. But that voice keeps after me....do something.

I will do something. I will just be. I will spend time with my companion and not have any expectation. I will be a human-being; not a human-doing. That is my challenge for the day. "Be" not "Do". Discovering the joy in "being". Allow the loud voice to quiet down; calm down. Do the small fun tasks today, no pushing, no bullying, no forcing.

Hmm, nurturing my spirit. Hope you will nurture yours and discover the joy of a human being.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment