Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Art of Relaxation

I love the process of life! I have been really working hard getting ready for the MarketPlace on the Square in East Troy (which goes on all summer on Saturdays 11-5 ~ and we plan to be there for most of them!). This involved long days and little sleep. I loved every second of it, however, when the event was over Saturday, I was quite exhausted. I'd planned to work on Sunday and take Monday off. My Body, Mind and Spirit, however, asked for two days off!

At first, I resisted. It was interesting to watch the thread of thoughts reveal themselves; to follow that thread to the end (or beginning). I realized that I am a very driven woman, and I had a belief that if I wasn't working every moment, I was somehow not being true to myself. Starting my own business meant that I had to pressure myself into a super-human performance level! By Sunday morning, I chose a different path.

I went to bed early Saturday night and slept the whole night through. I woke up feeling very relaxed and in touch with my gentle side. I did my morning breath work and relaxation/stretch routine. In that moment, I knew I would be taking Sunday and Monday off. I realized that I do give my all and that part of giving means taking. It felt good to honor my needs, knowing that by taking time off, I was actually contributing to my work because I was allowing my spirit to be refilled, my mind to relax and my body to rest.

So, you get the blog on Tuesday! So how and when do you practice the art of relaxation?

No comments:

Post a Comment