Monday, April 5, 2010

Fear and Security

One of my fears has to do with security. In looking at what makes me secure, I discovered a belief I think I learned from my parents. I used to believe that my security lies outside of myself. For instance, I used to think that if I worked for someone else, I would be secure. I would have a steady paycheck, insurance and retirement. I have worked for someone else my whole life and have none of those securities.

When the company my husband worked for closed its doors in December, we were faced with this very issue in a very real way. It also was an issue I had been dealing with internally for well over a year. I was in a job that no longer was for my Highest Good, or for the Highest Good of all involved. Many things brought us to that point, but that is where we were. I struggled with letting go. I thought there must be more I could do because I was desperate to hold on to the “security” of this job.

The past year I held the Knowledge that I would be shown what I needed to do. In the meantime, things got more and more uncomfortable at work. Fortunately, I had All One Spirit~my business, my husband and my friends to keep me going. I was caught in the fear of where my security would come from if I let go of that job. Even though I would focus on what I was intending, I was vibrating at the level of fear. Time to play “Let’s Make A Deal”! Still looking for that false sense of security, I was making deals with the Universe… “If you’ll provide another job...”, or “if you’ll provide steady income, I’ll move forward”. I was afraid to walk forward in my life, to step into my own security. When I have fear that gets stuck in my body, it goes somewhere, and not surprisingly, the arthritic spurs in my toe got so bad that I could not walk without pain.

I envisioned what the worst case scenario was. The worst case for me, was I snuff out my light; give up my hope, continue to live someone else’s life. That is exactly where I was headed. The harder I tried to avoid it, the stronger the resistance was. What we resist persists. Once I could come to terms with that, I was able to move forward. I got the toe fixed and left the job ~ walking forward and stepping into my life! As I said, I knew the Universe is always in support of me and I would be shown what I needed to do. I now have a full-time job in my passion ~ All One Spirit! And, by my moving forward, the security that job offers became available to someone who needs it!


Where does your security lie? Are you placing your security in someone or something outside of yourself? What are your beliefs about this?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear about your journey & decision making. I think this is a fabulous position to be in.. I was in this not so very long ago, and let me tell you, it was frightening! I got through it, and am at a very happy place right now! Thank you for sharing, & you've got my support- 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fives Laurie!!! Congrats on your decision to let your light shine and step into it and through it and share it with the world. I wish you love and laughter and joy and happiness and that even the darkest of hours will shower you with a silver lining!Thank you for the light you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete