Monday, November 29, 2010

Re-Awakening

I have had so much fun this past week!  We spent the long Holiday week-end with family...Nicole and Tim and their beautiful and wonderful children, Sam & Hayden.

First, I was reminded about patience as I watched this family!  Nicole and Tim are great parents and I am amazed at how patient they are, even after little or no sleep!   I admire and respect their approach to both their children and was once again reminded how, when there are two little ones around, living in the moment is vital!  Wow, miss a moment and anything can happen!  They are committed to providing a healthy, safe and nurturing environment.  It was fun to participate with little kids again...it's been a while!

Sam, whose energy is non-stop, is three and at the age of discovery!  He is creative, smart, and funny! Sam reminded me about the wonderment of life; about imagination; creativity; and trust.  I was reminded of the saying "have the faith and trust of a child".  Wow.  I now try to emulate a 3 year old!  Is there some full-circle moment happening here?

And Hayden, who was two months old on Thanksgiving day, is precious.  She is the ultimate example of relaxation.  You've heard of Eat, Pray, Love?  Well, Hayden teaches Eat, Sleep, Poop.  I loved holding her, giving her Reiki while she slept, and just loving her.  She is so alert and gives great smiles!  She leaves me humbled and quiets my soul.

Patience, living in the moment, wonder, imagination, creativity, trust, relaxation, humble, peaceful soul...
my favorite things!  This trip awakened the joy of life in me.  Waking up every day to the possibilities, the excitement, the uncertainty of what will unfold has been once again sparked inside of me.

Well, I better get going and see what will unfold this day!  I hope your day, every day, unfolds to amazement and wonder and joy.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment