Monday, November 15, 2010

Law of Detachment

Yesterday we studied the Law of Detachment as written by Deepak Chopra.  Wow, that was a hard one.  I move all over the map on detachment.  Ha, interesting choice of words as Deepak even asks, would you rather the map or the territory?   Detachment means letting go of old ideas, beliefs and the past.  It means stepping away from what you know (or think you know) and walking into uncertainty, the unknown.  When we do this, we have the opportunity to stretch beyond our limitations and move from a fear-based belief system into an abundance-based belief system. 
Is this like walking into the Twilight Zone?  Sometimes it feels like it!  I definitely have a love/hate of this one and see where there are times I do really well with this and times where, well, not so good!   But, I love the journey of life and find joy in the moment whenever I can!
Two things I learned along the way that really helps me with this:
1.        1.  Plan the Plan but not the outcome.  
                 2.     Don’t take yourself so seriously…learn to laugh and allow your joy to shine.

Enjoy your week!  Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment